[TowerTalk] modifying R7

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] modifying R7
From: "Danny Pease" <dpease@adams.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 20:08:09 -0600
Has anyone modified the R7 to remove the lower capacitance hat? I would like
to do this to improve efficiency and bandwidth on 40 meters, although it
should improve performance on all bands.
My thoughts are to remove the capacity hat just below the 10/12/meter trap
and add a 6 foot section of tubing to get it resonant again. This should
make it approximately full sized on 10 meters. Other than the mechanical
aspect, any pitfalls to this?

NG9R

01:52:00