Re: [TowerTalk] Rotating a dipole on a side-arm

To: <n7ss@arrl.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotating a dipole on a side-arm
From: "Rex Lint" <rex@lint.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 07:35:28 -0500
Scott,

With a side arm mount, you get about 300 degrees, not 90... at least on a 3
faced tower.  You use a "gate" that hold the beam (in your case, dipole)
away from the rotator mast about 2 feet or so.

As far as setting stops - I've often seen red tape used to indicate "don't
turn here", even though the human factors of such an approach sucks!

      -Rex-

     K1HI
       Rex Lint
       Merrimack, NH