[TowerTalk] AlumaTower T-50H guying questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AlumaTower T-50H guying questions
From: "Mike Short" <mike.short@mchsi.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 12:52:06 -0600
Alumatower shows two guy wires at 25ft and 50ft when extended, and the guy
anchor is 40ft from the tower.

I want to guy it at 25ft only because of room issues in my back yard. It
will be nested for the most part, and only extended while in use. I will be
putting a hexbeam and maybe a Cushcraft A505S 6M 5 element beam on it.

If I guy it at 25ft only, would I want to guy it using the same angle as it
is at 50ft? Would that be the same downward pressure? If so, it would move
the guy anchor inward to 29ft.

Would this be reasonable/safe?

Mike
AI4NS