Re: [TowerTalk] Open wire lines

To: "David J. Sourdis" <hk1kxa@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Open wire lines
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 07:47:15 -0800

David J. Sourdis wrote:

> I am looking for information on open wire lines. I want more than is
> available on the Antenna Book or the one paragraph information on LBDXing
> saying practically "better not". Maybe some hints a kinks, the A to Z on the
> subject.
>
> Thanks for any information.
>
> David
> HK1KXA
> EC5KXA

The best book I know of is Laport: Radio Antenna Engineering.

If you Google this, you will see on line pdf's available.

The biggest problem I see people having with OWL is that they
want to run "tuned lines" at high SWR.  This can be problematical
and is not covered in any of the books on the subject.

Rick N6RK