[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] Fwd: Info needed fo Small Selsyn Units

Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Info needed fo Small Selsyn Units
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 23:10:26 -0500
List-post: <">>
 Hi Dennis,

If my memory serves me right you have the right combination. I believe the "M" 
stands for "receiver" and the "G" should stand for "transmitter". The are 
military specifications that totally explains exactly what the different 
symbols stand for, but I can't find them right now.

You have to look what the requirements is for the 2J1G1 module, if it is the 
same voltage rating. My guess from the type numbers, they should be the same.

If you have a power source that gives you 57.5V 400 Hz you are all set but if 
you don't there are ways around that. You can feed (or excite as it is called) 
the units with a lower voltage and 60 Hz without damaging the units. The output 
torque will be lower but if you can live with it you are set. Best is to check 
the current drain at 57.5 volts, 400 Hz and then look for the same current draw 
at 60 Hz. An other way is to, simply, reduce the voltage to 60/400 of the 
nominal voltage, in this case 8.6 volts.

Wikipedia has some excellent articles about selsyn that I recommend you read 
before you try to hook the selsyns together.

Good luck and 73 de Hans - N2JFS



-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Vernacchia <>
To: towertalk <>
Sent: Tue, Dec 1, 2009 5:27 pm
Subject: [TowerTalk] Info needed for Small Selsyn Units

I have a  small 5 wire 57.5V 400Hz Selsyn unit  that measures 2.25" O.D. at
mounting ring and 1.9" main body

the nomenclature for it is 2J1G1

Can anyone tell me if a 2J1M1,... which looks physically about the same
and is also  5 wire unit can be paired up with the 2J1G1 that I have as
a receiver send pair

73, Dennis N6KI

TowerTalk mailing list


TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>