[TowerTalk] Resistance of RG-8 cable?

To: towertalk <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Resistance of RG-8 cable?
From: Dennis OConnor <>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 05:08:47 -0800 (PST)
As long as the coax is not waterlogged and the braid is not corroded there will
be little to no change in loss factor for old coax - especially the solid
polyethylene center insulator...  It may shrink slightly in diameter dropping
the surge impedance a couple of ohms (you won't even notice) and it will get
stiff... I had a couple of jumpers still in use in the shack from nearly 50
years ago that were like a piece of board...   Usually a new set of PL-259's
and they are good for another 50 years... I tossed them out just recently
because they were too stiff to move around, but they still took 1500 watts
without complaint...

denny / k8do