Re: [TowerTalk] log periodic antennas

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] log periodic antennas
From: jim Jarvis <>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:13:41 -0500
As one who has a T10 log periodic and has wrung the last amount of performance
out of this design I can truthfully say I have never had an out of band
interference problem with it. With a good receiver I don't see how this could
happen. But I'm an operator, not an engineer.  <snip>  73  Dave  W1CTN

To repeat my observation about log periodic antennas...  the problem with
intermod from out of band signals is a RECEIVER problem, not an antenna problem.

It IS true that a wideband antenna will exacerbate this receiver weakness.

With contemporary radios, I believe this entire consideration is moot.

It IS true that the bandscope in my PROII had an elevated baseline on 15m with
the log,
and not with the steppIR.  But I never HEARD as much as a bleep of crossmod in
the main RX channel.