Re: [TowerTalk] Gin pole

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gin pole
From: Tek Supp <>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:30:01 -0700
I bought my pullies (bottom and top) and the clamps from this guy and although
they are home made, they work fine so far - I've used them about 5 times and
I'm pleased, but I reserve to the right to complain in the future   ;-).  But
for the tubing I went to a local shop called "Affiliated Metals" (801)
363-1711.  A 20' 6061 T6 (2" OD x .125W 1.750 ID x 240") with tax was 48.08
this summer.  It's in SLC, UT and I have no idea about shipping.  But perhaps
you can call them and find out.  I then cut it down to 14' so I could have
enough spacing/supported area for the tower clamps to the gin pole, but I
didn't feel I needed the full 20'.  I can't say that this helped you, but it's
at least another avenue to pursue.

Also suggested by w9iix, I also decide to buy a 20' of 1/4 wall for heavier
pulls.  I haven't used it yet, but it was a lot more (and I can't find my
invoice right now for the pricing).  The .125 (1/8") wall can flex, so be aware
of that if you are lifting anything heavy.  I was dismantling a 25G top section
with rotor and mast and it flexed/bent toward the load a good foot.  But I can
state that the 20' 1/4" wall is quite a bit heavier and you don't want to be
playing around with it up on the tower much.