Re: [TowerTalk] Old HWS671

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Old HWS671
From: Art <k6xt@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 10:52:33 -0700
Thanks to all who replied. Two useful suggestions came of it. One is
KE7JA's below. The other occurred to me as I was using a come-along to
pull my car up onto a trailer. Looking at the X2 force increaser pulley
for the come-along, it uses a grade 5 (three tick marks) bolt, is rated
at 2,500 lb, and is at least one size smaller than the hole on the tower.

For those who suggested a falling derrick, that was always the plan. My
falling derrick is my tractor, a falling derrick with hydraulics.

73 Art