Re: [TowerTalk] Hy Tower

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hy Tower
From: Brad Hyde <>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 08:14:06 -0600
Sorry guys,

This message got sent out again from an email address which has been inactive
for 6 months.  The address has been disabled since I moved 6 months
ago and has not sent out a single email.  I guess last night it decided to come
back to life and send out emails.  What is really weird is that I subscribed to
this site under my present email address and not that one.  So I don't have a
clue how my old email address even got a hold of this message, much less sent
it out.  I'm getting too old to try and figure this stuff out, hi.

Anyway, while I have your attention (maybe)  I have the Hy Tower up with the
MK-160.  The swr on 160 dips at about 2.0 swr.  Is that about as low as I can
expect?  Also, as an interesting side note, I have about a 1.5 on 17 meters
without the 17 meter add on.  Also, about a 1.4 on 6 meters.  The swr on 80 is
lowest at 4.00 MHZ and is dipping in that direction indicating that my resonant
frequency is above 4.00 Mhz.  Can I just lengthen the top main vertical section
to bring the 80 meter frequency down without affecting the other band's swr?  I
would like to have a good swr on 3.795, but it is currently above 3.0.   Also,
is it possible to add a homebrew coil at the base to widen the 80 meter band to
the CW portion in colaboration to having the MK-160 on the tower
simultaneously?  Is there a way to build the coil in a manner that would allow
1500 watts rather than the 300 watts that is offered by the Hy Gain coil (the
 I think that once I get everything t uned up it will be a good system.