[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 for 80m vertical?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 for 80m vertical?
From: brahmangou@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 19:53:02 EST
Hello all,

I'm wanting to put up a full sized 80 meter vertical made from Rohn 25 in
my pasture. I have a teflon insulated tilt base for the tower to isolate it
from  ground and phillystrand to guy it with. When I ran it through eznec it
shows the  antenna needs to be only about 38' tall. I know I must be making
a mistake  somewhere. I can find plenty of articles about shunt feeding a
grounded tower,  but nothing about making a vertical from a tower. Has anyone
on the list done  this before? Possibly there is a reason that this will
not work, or someone  would have already written about it. Any help?

Marty Haley AB5GU