To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 84, Issue 40
From: "James Wolf" <>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 00:08:54 -0500
On Dec 23, 2009, at 17:12 , Roger (K8RI) wrote:

I haven't read all of the replies yet, but Teflon is a poor structural
material. If under compression or expansion it will move.  It "cold
flows" substantially, like an extremely thick taffy.  I used it for the
base insulator on a mobile antenna.  In less than 20 miles the antenna
was swinging around at almost a 45 degree angle.  I had to stop and guy
it into the car through the windows using heavy fishing line.

Delrin, or the strongest ...fiberglass painted with a UV protecterant
should work fine.

Roger (K8RI)

At least a few years ago, Array Solutions sold insulators for insulating the
base of Rohn towers.

Best to call, as I don't think I ever saw it on their web page.

Jim, KR9U