Re: [TowerTalk] rohn 25 as vertical

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rohn 25 as vertical
From: Jim Jarvis <>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 21:06:42 -0500
I'm surprised that nobody advocated shunt feeding
the tower. Forget about insulating it (and then having
to deal with static drain/lightning ground)... just
tie the thing to the ground radial system, and run some
1" aluminum tube on 12" standoffs, up the tower maybe 30'...

There are a number of matching finesses available here, and I don't
have personal experience doing it... but it's the structurally
simpler approach.