Re: [TowerTalk] Update on HDR 300 operation question

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Update on HDR 300 operation question
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:17:06 -0500
> Thanks for the all of the suggestions.  I have since found that there are
> issues with the documentation on my rotor and its actual build details.  I
> have reversed two of the pot connections and now get readings, though way
> off, indicating that the pot's resistance values are off.  I am guessing it
> relates to it being a 3-turn pot and maybe off by a full turn somehow.  I can
> deal with that by rotate it 'down form the too high values with the mast
> clamp loose.  The **range** of resistance varies about as expected.  However,
> the limit switch stops are not working well and I now need to recalibrate the
> whole system and may disable them.  Too easy to 'coast by' .
As the rotator turns more than 360 degrees it should be possible to get
lined up with the wrong switches which would make alignment interesting.
IIRC (and I said it's been a long time) the manual makes the assumption
the rotator has not gone beyond the limit switches in either direction.

Roger (K8RI)