Re: [TowerTalk] Neverseize on rohn tower legs

To: anthony <k2vi@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Neverseize on rohn tower legs
From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 17:51:16 -0500
I have often used two pieces of 1x6 shelving boards and the scissors jack from
a defunct Datsun I once owned.    I find the scissors jack to be somewhat
easier to maneuver at the top of the tower than a hydraulic jack.  Drill a hole
in one end of each of the boards so you can tie them to your belt loop with
twine or light rope, or stuff them in your tote bucket.  Also tie off the jack
and its handle pieces, too.

TowerJack (or whatever it's called) is another device to do the same thing that
is available commercially.

I've found that with the help of a _steady_ pull on gin pole line by a helper
on the ground that I can usually rock the top section of Rohn 25 off the one
below it.

Bud, W2RU