Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting a 1032 Tic Ring to a HDX-689

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting a 1032 Tic Ring to a HDX-689
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 12:39:55 +0000
When I have temporary stuff going up a tower through a ring I use big snap
hooks or carabineers hooked around a rung inside the ring to hold the stuff
away from the gear.  This still requires manual checking to make sure
gravity is doing its job and wind has blown the stuff above out over the
ring when lowering though.  perhaps a big spring or pulley/counterweight to
keep some strain on the cables that have to go through the ring while you
are lowering the tower would help.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net