[TowerTalk] Lightning Arrestor Question

To: Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning Arrestor Question
From: Jerry <grf@uneedspeed.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 07:50:34 -0700
I have a box at the base of my tower housing my DX Eng. antenna switch
box that also provides a central entry point for all the antenna cables
(prior to going underground to the house).  Will placing an arrestor
only on the output coax from the antenna switch to the house be
sufficient or do I need to place an arrestor on each antenna line
entering the box and switch (the shields are all grounded to the ground
system in this box)?  Additionally, do I need to place an arrestor at
the house's central grounding point (where it enters the shack)?
Overkill?  The grounding system is all tied together (tower, switch box,
house entry point, and home's electrical system).
Thanks for any help/ideas you can give me.
Jerry France
K7LY
Lake Havasu City, AZ