[TowerTalk] Fwd: broken balun wires

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: broken balun wires
From: hanslg@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 00:51:30 -0500
 Hi Ken,

Crimp is the the answer. You can make it ever better by adding some shrink tube
over the wire next to the crimp connector. You will reduce the stress on the
wire even more that way. May be a little tricky to do that way up in a tower
though.

The problem is that a wire gets stiff when it is soldered (and you also get it
harder due to tin alloying with copper resulting in a harder bronze). If you
place some plastic around the wire next to the lug you reduce the movements and
following break.

73 de hans - N2JFS