[TowerTalk] LP v SteppIR

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] LP v SteppIR
From: rlvz@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:23:52 EST

If your a contester and your tower can handle the extra weight and
windload... I like Buddy's idea.  Having stacked antennas offers tremendous
"take
off angle" and "dual direction" advantages that far outweigh the  extra 1-2
dB gain of the SteppIR.  Having the 2nd antenna at the better  take off
angle or pointed in the right direction could easily give a 10dB  advantage.
(unless you stack SteppIRs)

One of my 3-element SteppIR motors kicked the bucket when only  about 6
months old... I didn't enjoy having to drop the antenna and wait  for parts.
That said, it was a great antenna when it  worked.

73,
Dick- K9OM

In a message dated 1/22/2010 8:50:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,