[TowerTalk] Hi Chuck Re: SteppIR Rubber Boots

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hi Chuck Re: SteppIR Rubber Boots
From: rlvz@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 21:53:19 EST

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the idea of forgetting the rubber boots and just taping the
elements to the motor assembly.

I have had a ton of problems with my SteppIR yagi.  And I posted the
results on the Product Reviews on eHam.net and hope you will too.  Seems  like
most everybody wants to give the SteppIR a perfect "5" and it doesn't  deserve
one as the reliability is poor.  We need to get the word out to
prospective buyers that they are likely to have mechanical problems.   Perhaps
when
the SteppIR sales drop they will work on product improvement.   I understand
most SteppIR parts come from China now!  (stepper motors,  elements, etc.)
If most parts are from China why are SteppIR's so  expensive?

73,
Dick- K9OM

In a message dated 1/22/2010 6:34:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,