Re: [TowerTalk] steppIR rubber boots

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] steppIR rubber boots
From: "Kostas Stamatis" <sv1dpi@otenet.gr>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 12:25:21 +0200
I know that all(?) steppir's in Greece have this problem and i have heard
that everyone buys a new one replace the rubber boots with teflon (not
sure). Ofcourse is one of the best antennas even it is very expencive. I
have not seen the modification and i don't know if someone has some photos.
I 'll ask some friends for photos and if i find i 'll send you. But if you
plan to install a steppir under strong bright sun, think abt it twice. I
believe steppir must solve this "problem" and not expecting for
modifications from users. Maybe this is why ultrabeam advertise his antenna
as more reliable. Any Italians here to confirm these problems?

73 Kostas SV1DPI