[TowerTalk] Side mounted Az-El rotors

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Side mounted Az-El rotors
From: "Mike & Becca Krzystyniak" <k9mk@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 07:24:23 -0600
   I'm looking to install an Az-El rotor side mounted on my tower for
turning a small dish.  The dish also has the transverters mounted on the
back of the dish so total weight will be less than 25 lbs but the package is
far from balanced. I'm looking for an Az-El rotor that can accommodate the
unbalanced dead weight and also target to ~1 degree accuracy.  Any thoughts
and shared experiences with mounting something like this to a Rohn-45 tower
along with Az-El rotor types(or alternate solutions) would be appreciated.

Thanks and 73's  Mike K9MK/5