Re: [TowerTalk] WTB: Large HF Log Periodic

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] WTB: Large HF Log Periodic
From: "David Jordan" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 11:58:24 -0500
Actually, Mosley makes many of the customer LPs for Uncle Sam...we have one
here in Arlington, VA at the NAVY site ... 68ft twin 3" dia .250 wall boom
with lots of elements.  Had to close the parking lot to get it up on the
tower, over the weekend.  Got it all up and then they found out the rotor
was broke.  Its been up over a year just pointed in the same direction.
About 2,100lbs of antenna.  I saw the 15yr old LP that was replaced. It was
a 48ft boom by Mosley. In perfect condition after 15yrs....they just took
out their saws alls and threw it all in the dumpster...I cried ;-((

73,
Dave
Wa3gin