Re: [TowerTalk] plugs

To: "'Terry Dunlap'" <terry@kk6t.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] plugs
From: "Hans Oortman 1" <pa3arw@euronet.nl>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 19:54:42 +0100
Terry,

It's an enormous long link so I suggest the following:

The website is:  www.conrad.com

Select the UK-site and type in the box "partnr." the number 742122 (for the
female plug) and 742002 (for the male part of the plug).

As I said; th're expensive but are of a much better quality. Btw: the Yeasu
plugs are about the same price, where by the old ones do not fit on the new
type rotors. Yaesu still has the old plugs available though.

In order to fit these replacement plugs on the old version Yaesu rotors, I
have made a small adaptor on my lathe which, on one side excepts the
original 3 through holes on the rotor and on the other side excepts the
square part of the male plug.
But this is purely a cosmetic thing, a rubber seal may work also.

If you want me to send some pictures, I can but then I need to go to my
workshop and make a few pictures of the overhauled rotors....they are better
then new!

73's

Hans
PA3ARW