Re: [TowerTalk] Which Type of Loctite Do I Use ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Which Type of Loctite Do I Use ?
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 07:50:11 +0000
RICHARD SOLOMON wrote:

>I know this has been hashed over before, but I didn't save any
>of the info.
>I am installing a YAESU 2800 Rotor and need to know which version of Loctite
>to use on the mounting bolts (Rotator to Rotor Plate).

Download Loctite's 'product Capability Guide':
<http://www.henkelna.com/us/content_data/138230_LT4985TLCapabilityGd.pdf>

The selection chart will lead you to Loctite 243 for almost all antenna
applications. 243 has very good adhesive strength while still allowing
you to remove the fastener using hand tools, and it's readily available
from many suppliers.

Other interesting links (watch out for _ characters):

http://www.henkelna.com/us/content_data/142867_Keeping_Threaded_Fasteners
_in_Their_Place.pdf

http://www.henkelna.com/us/content_data/142871_The_Ties_that_Bind_Tech_ar
ticle.pdf

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK         'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek