[TowerTalk] 2 Element Quad and Baluns

Subject: [TowerTalk] 2 Element Quad and Baluns
From: Daniel Hileman <>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 02:49:22 +0000
Hi Everyone,

Well, I appreciate the responses from everyone about Fiberglass spreaders. well
I found that Max-gain isnt as expensive as I originally thought, so I'm gonna
probably go with them. I now have a new question. I am trying to build a two
element 5 band (20-10m) quad, it will be on about a 10' boom. I have read some
places that say you do not need a balun, and others that say you will need a
2:1 balun if you want to connect all the coaxes to one feed (or a relay.) Can
you just feed these antennas to one SO-239 without a Balun?

Thanks and 73,
Daniel N9WX