Re: [TowerTalk] 2 Element Quad and Baluns

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2 Element Quad and Baluns
From: Hector Garcia XE2K <>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 19:12:50 -0800 (PST)

Choke  balun at each Feeded LOOP is needed,  ferrite over the coax  like k9yc
recommend,  what you will need  is the real impedance of each band,
in my case my quad only need a transformer in 12m (is near 100 ohms), the
others bands runs  direct to 50 ohms with swr  low ,  only 17m is 1.5 :1
minimum has is now.

Check your  antenna model and you will see if you need a 1:2 balun  Gamma or 75
ohms 1/4w line

here a few ideas of a good model,  get access and read

J. Hector Garcia XE2K / WT6J

   Mexicali B.C  DM22fp

P.O.Box 73

El Centro CA 92244-0073