[TowerTalk] Red-Tailed Hawks

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Red-Tailed Hawks
From: "Doug Rehman" <>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 21:18:08 -0500
For years, an osprey has maintained a nest on the top of our radio club's
180' tower. It appears that a red-tailed hawk has claimed the nest now.

We need to do some antenna work on the tower, just down from the top- about
10 feet below the nest. We know how the osprey reacted to climbers (noisy,
flying around, but never in an aggressive manner).

The research I've done indicates that red-tailed hawks lay their eggs in
March or April, so there shouldn't be eggs in the nest yet.

Does anyone have experience with red-tailed hawks while doing tower work?