Re: [TowerTalk] Red-Tailed Hawks

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Red-Tailed Hawks
From: "F.R. Ashley" <gdadx2@clearwire.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 22:08:51 -0500
Doug,

I have a friend who used to have hawks and take them hunting. I remember him
saying to be sure to wear a hat of some sort to cover your hair, or the hawk
might mistake your hair for a small animal and attack your head visciously!
He said when attacking rabbits, a hawk will drive its beak through the back
of the rabbits skull and along with its talons, tear the daylights out of
the rabbit.
I would imagine one could inflict some serious damage to your head,  while
you are trying to defend yourself hanging on a tower.   Normally they won't
attack people, but wear a hat of some sort, not the watch cap type, to hide
your hair.

73 Buddy WB4M