Re: [TowerTalk] Red-Tailed Hawks

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Red-Tailed Hawks
From: "D Calder" <towertalk@n4zkf.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 11:17:36 -0500
I spend (our company) spends approx $10k a MONTH here in Florida due to the
laws protecting
Osprey and eagles. We have to have a biologist check the nest to see if it's
active before we can get on
one of our towers. ($200) a pop.

If the nest is active (flightless young or eggs) we can't even get on the
tower. Be glad the Osprey
is gone. You were breaking the law and didn't know it.

Red tail hawks we are told is not a problem and none of my tower crews has
had any issues with them.
They just stay away until the work is done and then come back.

73 Dave
n4zkf