Re: [TowerTalk] 80m Delta loop on 70' tower

To: "Towertalk" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80m Delta loop on 70' tower
From: "Tony Brock-Fisher" <>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 07:06:52 -0500
If you feed the loop at the bottom middle, it will be horizontally polarized,
and be pretty doggy for DX  because of it's low height above ground.

If you feed it 1/4 wave down from the top on one side, it will play much better
for DX because it will act like a pair of phased verticals.

Neat thing is as a vertical it needs no radials - the bottom leg acts as a

>From a 70' tower, rig a 20' crossarm to support the tops of a pair of loops,
>and feed them simply with 75 ohm coax for matching/loading, as in:

This is a kick butt antenna, I claim as good as a 4-square, just lacking the
ability to switch in as many directions. I have mine set up pointing at EU one
way, covers most of the US the other way for SS...

This is such a great antenna I gave mine a rebuild after 10 years.

-Tony, K1KP