[TowerTalk] CommScope WBC400

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CommScope WBC400
From: "Mark Robinson" <>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 13:38:01 -0500
I am looking at buying a CommScope WBC400 Coax Cable Bulk Reel of 1,000
Feet. I would be using this coax to run out to my 40m 4 Square in my back
field about 250 feet away. I am also planning on running it up my 100 foot
tower to feed a 20m through 6m beam. I might use it to make up patch cables
in my shack.

Is this a good cable to use. I see that the center conductor is copper
plated aluminum. Will this be an issue and would soldered PL-259's be OK to
use with this cable.

thanks Mark N1UK