[TowerTalk] Tower project in Houston, TX.

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower project in Houston, TX.
From: "Cliff Roberts" <>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:38:05 -0600
Hello All,

I?m in the preparation stage of installing my first tower.  I?m thinking
about a Trylon Titan tower at an undetermined height and a multi band HF
beam with a 6 meter mono band and a 2 mtr/70 cm beam at the top.  I have not
decided on the brands of the antennas as of yet.  I hope to have it and the
antennas up by early summer.  I?ve got a few questions regarding wind loads.

Where do I find out what the code is where I live, Houston, TX. Harris
County?  Also I wanted to know if there are any standard ± tolerances to use
e.g.  Tower max wind load @100 mph is 35 sq. ft. so stay 10% less never go
to 35 sq. ft. exactly.

What is the minimum height, as a rule, one should never go below?  I have
power lines running across the back of my lot and besides keeping clear of
them I was unsure of how much interaction I would see to my HF and VHF/UHF

Thanks for the elmer session?

Cliff Roberts  WB5VRC,