Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring Coax Loss

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring Coax Loss
From: "Rick Karlquist" <>
Reply-to:, "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 14:21:26 -0800
Tod -ID wrote:
> Jim and Rick:
> Tell me again how I can productively use the more precise information [0.6
> versus 0.62 dB loss in 208 feet at 3 MHz.] in constructing my antenna feed
> line system.
> I am afraid I have been oblivious to this aspect of things and may have
> missed an opportunity to have improved my station.
> Tod, K0TO

Good reality check Tod.  I'm a metrologist (or pretend to be one
at work), so precision starts to become an end in itself.  We actually
have paying customers who need extreme accuracy.  You probably have a
point in this case, especially with ham radio being "just a hobby".

Rick N6RK