Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring Coax Loss

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring Coax Loss
From: "Jim Brown" <>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 17:50:31 -0800
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 20:42:05 -0500, Mike Besemer \(WM4B\) wrote:

>But let's put it in perspective.

>How much would I pay for that extra dB?  Not a cent.

But that's YOUR perspective. It's valid for YOU, but many of us in
the hobby have a different one.

I have a perspective somewhat like yours with respect to my home
music system. It's adequate. When I have money to spend, I use it to
buy Lester Young records, not to improve the stereo.

The whole point of my post that began this discussion was to provide
INFORMATION to those who care. I get a lot of enjoyment out of
making my antenna system better, learning more about how things work
as I do, and sharing what I learn with those who care. That's MY
perspective. :)

Jim K9YC