Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring Coax Loss

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring Coax Loss
From: "Tod -ID" <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 21:39:17 -0700
Having inadvertently started this very long thread by pushing SEND rather
than DELETE on my email I am feeling a little guilty about all the bandwidth
it generated.

My summary for non-technical or new guys after reading all of the comments
is:

Any thing you can do to capture additional signal when the signal level you
want to hear is arriving at your receiver at S1 or lower [or just under the
ambient noise at any level] deserves your consideration. After considering
your personal current financial circumstances you may wish to invest in the
'high price tag' stuff just to feel that you have done all that you can to
make your station perform well.

Some of the tips about 'free' 75 ohm hard line should not be ignored -- the
guys suggesting this are notorious for having REALLY GOOD SIGNALS [even
running low power].

Probably time to let this one die a natural death.

Tod, K0TO