[TowerTalk] Band Color Codes

To: "Towertalk" <>, <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Band Color Codes
From: "Tony Brock-Fisher" <>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 09:50:56 -0500
I apologize if this may have been discussed before....

Thinking of standardizing on a set of color codes for bands on coax, switches,
filters, etc.

What's the best choice?

I'm ruling out black as a choice, because black tape on black coax is hard to
I don't do WARC bands so they are not included in my choices.

Some of my thoughts are:

(sort of) EIA color codes:
first digit of band is resistor color code, with exceptions as noted

15-green  (only band with a '5')

160-orange (only bright color left)

 (or just simple mapping, in ascending order of frequency)

80 - red

40 - org

20 - yellow

15 - green

10 - blue

 (and in order of wavelength)

10 - brown

15 - red

20 - org

40 - yellow

80 - green

160 - blue

Or maybe there's a better, simple idea out there...

-Tony, K1KP