[TowerTalk] RG-6

To: Towertalk <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RG-6
From: Jim CASSIDY <>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:22:14 +0000
There can be problem with RG-6 compression fittings if not matched to the
cable.  Some of the wrong size will some times almost fall off.  In my work we
used them and our shop guy finally made a test jig to quantify the strength
issue. Some would require a lot of force to pull off and others almost fell off.

While they are the best connectors, it may be wiser to use the older style
crimp connectors for noncritical RF frequency use.

Jim Cassidy