Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk] Responsive contact at US Towers

To: towertalk@contesting.com, garyejones@cmaaccess.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk] Responsive contact at US Towers
From: Lou Laderman <lladerman@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 15:24:39 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
I haven't purchased a UST, but I certainly agree with the posts.  UST is very
helpful, up to a point. I was trying to get some technical information over and
above published specs when I was looking into a UST purchase, and was given
Gary as a point of contact. I got as far as asking the questions. Gary was very
nice, but after that it became "radio silence." I finally got some help with
questions by going through HRO, which you might try.

Times have changed in the crank-up tower business. When I purchased a
refurbished Sky Needle 20+ years ago, Tri-Ex was very helpful with my technical
questions even though I wasn't buying from them. Tashjian now has the designs,
and presumably a product to sell, but I can't get a quote from them for
replacement parts despite having asked several times. I got apologies with
"fast action promises" that never panned out. At least UST has a product you
can really buy through its dealers.

Frustrating at best.

73,

Lou, W0FK