Re: [TowerTalk] wind load

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] wind load
From: "Ken Kinyon" <>
Reply-to:, "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:40:47 -0700
Hi Charles,
I think they state it that way because the average guy wouldn't understand
what you just said. ;<)
It is my understanding that the max force would be the force generated by a
70 mph wind blowing on a 15 sq foot surface. I guess at the top of the
tower. To be picky that would vary with altitude, humidity, and barometer
pressure. Since most antenna manufacturers quote a square foot wind load for
their antennas, this give a quick and dirty method of judging if your tower
can take a particular antenna.
Ken W7TS