Re: [TowerTalk] wind load

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] wind load
From: "Dan Schaaf" <>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:02:03 -0500
How does this wind loading information apply to a bertical antenna which is
rigidly mounted at the base and flexes in the wind?
In addition, if the vertical antenna is mounted on top of a 22 ft tower,
which is anchored in concrete, how does this info apply?
22 ft tower is short in comparison and maybe can be considered non-movable
and then the vertical can be seen as the same as if it were mounted on the

Dan Schaaf
"In the Beginning there was Spark Gap"