Re: [TowerTalk] C-19XR or Skyhawk?

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] C-19XR or Skyhawk?
From: "Glen Turner" <>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 03:32:56 -0000
Hi Neil,
Can tell you that I have had a Skyhawk for about 3 years and absolutely love
it.  It works very well all across the bands.  You can also tune it on 12/17
meters.  Have been turning mine with a Yaesu g-1000SDX rotor with no

Now the rest of the story is mine just came down in a once in a hundred year
ice storm.  The antenna had almost 3 inches of ice and the front half of the
boom broke.  Kinda funny I can still use it to some extent as the driven
elements are still up.  Have a new one that I am putting together, but will
support the boom with phillystran this time.  Can't hurt with the dern
weather around here.
GL & 73
Glen W5IF