Re: [TowerTalk] [Antennas] Vertical beams

To: antennas <>, towertalk <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Antennas] Vertical beams
From: Michael Josefsson <>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 09:19:37 +0100
Hi. You can turn any vertical dipole into a yagi if you put a reflector near
it. One of the easier ones (I think) is the half-square beam (HSQ) which I have
described at It is quite OK to make 90 deg angles of
the lower wires, it affects radiation very little.

ON4UN describes vertical loops in his book. Check out the loop-article on the
aformentioned site as well.

Despite what some people say I find that vertically polarised antennas work