[TowerTalk] Frequent crankup coax recommendation

Subject: [TowerTalk] Frequent crankup coax recommendation
From: Jim Miller <>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:10:48 -0500
I've got a 30ft three section crankup (AB1342) that I'll be putting up
this spring. It will likely be cranked up and down nightly with a
hexbeam on top. I was thinking of RG8x for its flexibility for the
20ft resulting loop and RG213 for the run to the mast and the first

I was wondering if LMR400 (DB version since it will need to be buried
for most of the distance) might be a better choice. I was worried
about a large diameter coax in such a loop but upon reading the 1"
minimum bend radius for LMR400 I'm thinking it may be a good choice

I've never seen any LMR400 except in web pics and a datasheet so I'd
appreciate some advice from actual users.

jim miller, ab3cv