Re: [TowerTalk] coaxial stripper

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] coaxial stripper
From: Charles Coldwell <>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 10:05:43 -0500
On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Orcena Lyle <> wrote:
> I bought a coax stripper at Radio Shack but haven't used it yet. It does
> RG6/59 cables.  It looks similar to the stripper made for TV coax.

For RG6/59 and CATV connectors (F connectors) I bought tooling from that I'm happy with.  I especially like the Digicon F
connectors.  One word of caution about those: don't try to install an
F connector for RG6 quad shield on an RG59 cable.  Learned that the
hard way.

> My neighborhood Radio Shack
> tells me that all the Radio Shack stores are going to be more friendly
> toward geeks and are stocking more electronic parts and tools and such.

We'll see.  I went down to "The Shack" (as they have rebranded
themselves) looking for ferrite beads and had to explain what they
were to the man at the counter.

Charles M. Coldwell, W1CMC
"Turn on, log in, tune out"
Winchester, Massachusetts, New England (FN42kk)

GPG ID:  852E052F
GPG FPR: 77E5 2B51 4907 F08A 7E92  DE80 AFA9 9A8F 852E 052F