Re: [TowerTalk] Tristao CZ-454-FS Tower Base Information

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tristao CZ-454-FS Tower Base Information
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:37:09 -0500
I have the CZ-471.  Tristao made a nice diagram of the plywood template that
you laid on top of the forms.  I do not have the 454 diagram so maybe Tony
can send or e-mail it to you.

Make sure you have threads on the top of each 3' mounting rod.  The bottom
flanges bolt to the rods.
I have moved the tower four times and Lou Tristao
said for me to get galvanized 1" universal bolt.  You need the HD version
usually available form a bolt and screw warehouse.  I got a local hardware
store to order the rods for me.  I cut them off at 48" the last time with
the final 12" bent at a foundry.  These are still in my base now since 1979
at this location.

The original rods were black steel with a bend for the last 6"  Lou advised
that was Ok for the 54 foot tower but he was recommending 12" for my 71
footer.

Good luck with the tower its a nice one.

Dave K4JRB