[TowerTalk] Hawk's nest platform

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hawk's nest platform
From: "Dale L Martin" <>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:45:52 -0600
A pair of red-shouldered hawks have constructed and are sitting a nest
in a pine tree in the front yard of house down the street from me.

They are very likely the same pair that damaged my C3E 20m
reflector--one or both perched on the element on one side or the other
of the boom breaking the element-boom rivets.

Since they regularly use my mast and less often my C3E to perch, I got
to thinking that if they nested on the tower top, maybe they would do
their perching elsewhere other than the C3E.

Has anyone ever put up a platform suitable for nest-building
(low-walled, holed for drainage, etc.) on the top of their mast?

dale, kg5u