Re: [TowerTalk] tower & antenna project questions

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>, <wisecrafter@suddenlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower & antenna project questions
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:38:44 -0500
A Ufer ground is fine for a tower as long as it is not the only ground. You
still need ground rods outside of the tower base connected to the tower.

The J bolts for the tower mounting pad should be wired to the rebar inside
of the concrete. That is sufficient connection to the rebar for a Ufer
ground. You don't want any unconnected rebar gaps inside the foundation that
could arc.

73
Gary K4FMX