[TowerTalk] Uses of MFJ 259B

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Uses of MFJ 259B
From: "Kostas Stamatis" <>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 22:57:00 +0200
I have an analyzer mfj259. I am very happy with it but i think that i have
not searched all of its features. For example, i recently learnt that i can
use it to find coax loss. I know that maybe it was in manual but i had
questions until i read here for the procedure and beside this i found that
it is quite accurate (this is useful notice also). Beside this i found that
many of us, who are lucky owners of 259, didn't know it also. So i would
like to suggest here to make a list with uses of  259 and procedures also.
Anoyone knows a relative site?
1) swr measure
procedure: no need
Accuracy: very good
2) Measure of coax loss
procedure: connect the coax to 259. Keep the other side unshorted. Press the
mode and measure.
Accuracy: very good (2nd decimal point)

Any more suggestions?
Kostas SV1DPI