[TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Motor

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Motor
From: "Gene Fuller" <>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 22:58:29 -0400
What is the maximum DC voltage used successfully/recommended for one of the
"small"  PPM's ?  What speed was accomplished and how was the brush life at
that voltage ?
I 'm building a power supply to put at the base of the tower and can change the
voltage from about 30 to 48 volts in 6 volt steps. Cable to PPM will be 100
feet of 3-#12's. I'm figuring about 0.5 ohms and about a ten amp demand  i.e. a
5 volt drop.
Gene / W2LU